Monday 14 February 2011

Valentine's Day

Here we go again, another Valentine’s Day.  I’ve never really done anything with it. Well, apart from two years ago when I went over a gay friend’s place in London. I had an incredibly strong man-crush on him. We didn’t do anything; we were pretty much mates and I was too afraid and reserved at the time because I wasn’t uncertain about my sexuality. It was all really new to me, but I played the “good friend” card – much better that way. We hung out for the day. He cooked bolognese for us both and we watched his Doctor Who fan films on his laptop. After that we just went to bed. I say bed. He was in his bed and I was in my sleeping bag on the hard carpet floor. Like I said, we were good friends. So yeah, nothing happened.

We hadn’t gotten off to a good start either. That morning, I’d accidently left my bank card in the PIN machine at W.H. Smiths in Newport rail station. I only realised after the train pulled into Paddington and I couldn’t find it to purchase a travel ticket for the London Underground. Luckily though, time and fate had landed me with just enough cash to survive the weekend. My friend paid for a lot of the things – mostly food shopping. I did feel really bad about it. I paid him back after though. And we’re still good friends.

But yeah, apart from that one incident, I’ve never really done anything for Valentine’s Day.

What about You? Do you have a Valentine's story?

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely, non-traditional valentines story :) and it's nice that you remained friends.

    Keep up the blogs John, they're really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really never done the same with Valentines Day either :(
    It's just sat there watching me.
    Another great story from Fantastic Mr. Hutch

    ReplyDelete